Thursday, October 18, 2007

Penny Update!

Go read my previous post first, which is also from today, if you haven't yet.

While I was sitting at the computer today, Annika came and informed me that I had a "fecal dissection opportunity" (not her words). I went and found the two flat-headed screwdrivers that I had conveniently stored in a bathroom drawer in preparation for a month's worth of these opportunities and went to work. Lo and behold, with a little poking and prodding I discovered . . .

A nickel! Either someone was still learning her coins when the swallowing incident occurred, or Lisa and I have stumbled upon the source of our retirement funds: Annika, who apparently can ingest money and quintuple its value in a mere 9 days! That's the same as having a retirement account with an interest rate (yes, I did the calculation) of at least 6,527%. I'm going to the bank and then feeding her $100 bills tonight. She can probably get them down with some ketchup.

1 comment:

Nick said...

So when can we start making jokes to Annika about being an ATM, or hang her upside down and shake her to see if change falls out?