Thursday, October 23, 2008

Electronic Tattling and Other Things

When we neglect our blog so severely I always feel like our first returning post should be stellar, so I apologize if this isn't.

Lisa's at the CEA convention in South Bend for a couple days, so I'm home with the kids. I didn't have to head to Ferris today (a Thursday), which was convenient enough. Tomorrow will involve more babysitters, though.

The other day I was home with Jake and Annika, and I was upstairs while the two of them were occupied on the main floor, albeit a bit too quiet. I was busy putting together a new bookshelf though, so I didn't go check them out. Later on I came down and Annika immediately reported that Jake had been messing with our computer. He really enjoys getting on the chair and pressing buttons on the keyboard. The worst part is the fact that our keyboard has a button that automatically puts the computer in sleep mode, but it registers each press of that button, so it has to go through the wake-up-go-to-sleep cycle for every button press. Now, Annika didn't bother to come get me while Jake was on the computer, but rather grabbed my cell phone, which was sitting by the computer, and instead documented Jake's activities with the phone. So, I now have shots of Jake playing with a calculator, pushing the sleep button, pushing other buttons, and even shots of the screen showing the results of Jake's button pushes, like a string of typing in a Word file that was open. No great damage was done, but Annika certainly can be a character.

If anyone wants to rake leaves, we have plenty.

We're still without an oven, since our old one was a built-in, and the most basic replacement would be around $800 (which is dumb, considering how cheap a basic freestanding range is). I was going to cut out a spot where our old one was, but enough issues arose that I decided not to go after that myself. So, someone came and checked it out today and will give us an estimate on that tomorrow. We already bought a basic freestanding range from Sears - a discontinued basic model with a ding or two, but it was only $160! Never used! Unfortunately, it's white, which should go awesomely with our black dishwasher and bisque fridge. Oh well - maybe I'll find buried treasure in the backyard soon and we'll redo the whole kitchen.

Well, time to finish my night - nothing but the World Series and probably a fine brew await me.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

We have the same colored appliances!