Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monkey See...

Jake is at the wonderful age where we daily see his mind grow and develop as he strives to figure new things out. He's talking more and more, getting more and more coordinated, and showing evidence of problem solving. He also loves to imitate! While this can be embarrassing at times, say, like when his sisters starting to talk about butts in a restaurant and he yells at the top of his lungs, "butt!" for everyone to hear, it can also be great fun. On Saturday he delighted Mike and I, who were deep in conversation, by trying to get Mike's attention by tickle bombing him! Mike has done tickle bombs with Jake since he was little but this was the first time we've seen him give one. It was hilarious! He put his little arm in the air, made a humming noise, and then nailed Mike in the chest. What a riot! Beyond being incredibly cute and monstrously funny (at least to us) it also gave me great joy to see my little guy problem solving. He knew he wanted Daddy's attention and he figured out a way to get it 100%! The whole episode makes me marvel once again at how amazing childhood is and what a miracle it is when development occurs the way God origionally designed it to be.

4 comments:

Dominique said...

I'm right there with you. Parker is figuring things out and say new words every day and often times we wonder where he learned that word or how he knew how to do that. Our God is amazing and one only need to watch a child to truly see and understand how Great He is.

Katelyn said...

That's awesome! I laughed out loud when I read that! What a cutie pie.

Greg said...

I don't think I've ever tickle bombed Dad to get his attention. I might have to try that sometime.

Lisa said...

I'd like to see that Greg. Make sure you try it when we're all around, OK?