Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One I Forgot

It looks like a blizzard again this morning, with huge, white flakes.

I forgot to add this to my post from yesterday:

On Sunday, with the icy road conditions, all of our church services were canceled. We had begun to get ready - Annika had taken a shower, and Abby was taking her turn (that's not a Sunday morning norm) - when the call came that there was no church. Lisa informed Annika, who was wrapped in a towel, and then Annika told Abby, this way:

"Hey Abby - we don't have to go to church this morning!" - she starts dancing - "Oh yeah...uh-huh!"

I can't say that I was real disappointed either. I'm not saying I dislike going to church, but sometimes just staying home in your PJs sounds better than getting three kids ready and off to church.

2 comments:

Greg said...

If I recall the story correctly I believe it was you who told Mom and Dad that you "wished we weren't church people."

Nick said...

I recall celebrating once or twice as kids, when Dad slept too long in the afternoon and we missed evening church.