Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rock Band!

Before the story: I had my worst drive home from Ferris ever on Wednesday, through the blizzard we had. Ferris was closed Thursday, which made for the second time in two weeks that the University has closed. It's one thing for schools to close, but it has to be wacky weather to shut down colleges.

The story: I've played some Guitar Hero II in the past, mostly at Mark and Lizzy's, but just recently they obtained the game Rock Band and invited us over to play. Rock Band is similar to Guitar Hero, but cooler in this respect: it comes with a guitar, a little drum set, and a microphone. Coupled with the guitar they already had from Guitar Hero, we managed to form a four-piece band! I was usually on lead guitar, either Lisa or Lizzy was on bass (the other dealt with Abby and Jake), Mark played the drums, and Annika took the vocals. Annika was pretty timid to begin, but eventually got into it. My favorite moment: the opening to "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" by The Clash - I got to lay down the opening guitar lines, and Annika nailed the "Woo!" right in the middle of it. It was awesome...

No comments: