Sunday, June 22, 2008

A New 'Do, Part Deux

Saturday was a day of haircuts, as 60% of our family got shorn.

In the morning, Jake got his first haircut, at the Alger Barber Shop, by the one and only Harm Faber, who has now cut the hair of at least one member from 5 generations of our family - Jake; me, Nick, Dan and Greg; Dad and Uncle Dan; Grandpa Dekker, and Grandma Dekker's dad, J.C. Lobbes. I believe I have that correct, but there may very well be more people I could list. Jake did quite well once he settled down on Lisa's lap with a pacifier and the toy mouse that Harm keeps for kids. He looks much more like a little boy now, as opposed to an infant that happens to be a boy.


In the afternoon, inspired by Jake's haircut and Abby's transformation a few weeks ago, Annika wanted to get in on the fun (and she needed a trim anyway). She got much more than a trim, however:


A few of us (including me) had the initial impression that she looks like someone we know. Any guesses?

Finally, in the evening, Lizzy buzzed me shorter than I've ever been, since birth. A couple times my hair clogged the trimmer. It's nice not teaching in the summer and then messing around with my appearance. My current goatee is only 2 and half weeks old, too.


Finally, we finished painting our living room last week. Here's the "before" picture, after the wallpaper border came off. I called the color "peach vomit," although it looks yellowish in the picture.

This is the finished product, Woodlawn Juniper, with new crown molding. The flash makes it look much lighter than it is. That should make a better background for the Dekker family Christmas photo if we gather in our living room again this year.

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

Oh dear, Annika looks so much older! Way to cute though!!! I like the new living room color, it seems so much more like you guys.

Rebecca said...

I think it looks like Mom Dekker's hair. Is that what you thought?
Post a photo of Jake and his new haircut, please!!

Beth said...

OOOO! I LOVE the color of the living room!!! And, what does that say about me that I mentioned that before how cute Annika looks! Just like her Grandma!

Nick said...

Yeah, I can totally see Mom in that picture of Annika. Cute!

And, yeah, the living room looks great!

And I, too, would love to see what Jake looks like now.

(Notice the order I posted these in. It shows I care WAY more than anyone else here.)