Friday, February 26, 2010

Monkey See...

Tonight Annika and Abby started playing a game that would best be called "Old Blind Beggar Woman." Annika had on a pair of sunglasses, a "walking stick" (which was one of those sticks that you turn to make your blinds open and close) and a plastic dish. She felt her way around the house with the stick, talked in an "old woman" voice and asked for money. Abby would oblige her with some coins, Annika would thank the "young man" for his generosity, and then Abby would correct her and say that she was a girl. I was trying to decide if this was really something appropriate to be playing, but eventually they quit and went upstairs to cause some ruckus up there.

A little while later Jake came and asked me to put the sunglasses on him. I didn't notice that he had the stick and the dish with him until he went over to the living room, sat down and called "Annika! Abby! Give me money!"

I gave him a few coins, and eventually his sisters came down and helped out poor beggar Jake. No one ever got chastised for it. Oh well.

3 comments:

Study time? said...

I laughed so hard I cried reading this. This is one of those things I'll think of 3 days from now at work and bust into a fit of laughter.

Study time? said...

Oh and Study time? is Greg by the way. I don't know why it calls me that.

Mike said...

This is Annika speaking. I had a lot of fun playing beggar woman. When Abby and I were upstairs we had some money. Do you know what we did with it? Well, first I got my pillow down and put it on the floor. Then, I would put my head on the pillow and Abby would put the money on my back and it would fall down my back and into my shirt. It felt very cold. I had to jump around to get all of the money out. It was very funny.THE END.