Friday, February 19, 2010

Not For The Faint of Heart

This week Jake apparently picked up a cold. Unfortunately, it has settled in his eyes. There is nothing we can do about it except to try to clean his eyes and wait it out. Below are pictures of a little boy that only a mother (or grandmother!) could love.


Mike's addition from work: I had suggested that we not post these pictures since it's so gross, but since they're up, make sure you click on the photos (especially the first one) for the full disgusting effect.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'll pass on the getting the close-up of the disgusting effect, but I can empathize since we've already had it at our house several times in the past year. Invariably, I always end up catching it, too. I think I've caught it 4 times this year! If it doesn't get better soon, beg your pediatrician for antibiotic drops. It's hard to tell the difference between a bacterial and a viral conjunctivitis. I know a lot of doctors are telling their patients to wait it out, but it's worth a shot. Once I had to call every day and ask because Clara missed an entire week of daycare (and I missed an entire week of work). They finally gave in and voila! Within 30 MINUTES of the drops, her eyes cleared up.